Re. Nick Xenophon
So far as I can tell, China is setting good examples.
1) It has saved Uyghurs from terrorism in Xinjiang and invested in Uyghur culture and welfare.
Uyghur dance – Mestane Yar Jan 22, 2022
Uyghur dance – Gülyala Oct 13, 2021
In contrast the US bombed neighboring Afghanistan to bits and left the place in ruins.
2) China has accepted a request from the Solomon Islands to help maintain law and order.
In contrast the U.S. has responded by threatening military action
3) China is maintaining neutrality with respect to the Ukraine conflict so it can help negotiate a peace deal.
In contrast the US and its allies are supplying weapons to Ukraine which will prolong the conflict
Ukraine Fired Western “Lethal aid” on Civilian Infrastructure In DPR
in January 2022.
4) Chinese officials take care to ensure that their statements are accurate.
In contrast US officials are all over the place:
Blinken caught lying — Blinken, Russian economy in shambles…
Dishonest by US generals exposed — Afghanistan: The Graveyard Of Empires
1.Scott Ritter mainly attributes the blame for America’s disastrous 20 year long intervention in Afghanistan on the shoulders of the US generals. Ritter argues that the defeat of the Taliban in 2001 was the catalyst for the generals to trick the US public and Congress into believing they had won the war and were making progress in the long-term, when in reality they had only won a short-term battle.
2. The reason why the deception lasted so long is because the military who instigated it had a vested economic interest in ensuring that this state of affairs continued. In other words, military careers depended upon the perception of victory.
Of course, China is a foreign country so even if it is setting good examples, we still require our politicians to put the interests of Australia ahead of the interests of China.
Is Nick Xenophon doing that? I hope so. I haven’t seen evidence to suggest otherwise.